Lutheran Foundation at a Glance
Vision: Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis sees the Church brought into the lives of hurting people and people included in the healing life of the Church.
Mission: To the honor of Christ Jesus, the Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis seeks the improved care of people in the greater St. Louis metropolitan region.
Core Values: Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis holds the following values regarding our philanthropic efforts:
- Christian Faith
- Holistic Health
What Lutheran Foundation does for the St. Louis metropolitan region: A grant-making ministry of 74 Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod congregations providing Christian support (grants) that heals lives and the community.
Founding Date: 1984
Total Assets: $98,376,563*
Total Dollars Granted: $114,953,071*
Total Number of Organizations Awarded Grants: 666*
Funding Focus Areas:
- Christian Faith in Action
- Congregation Community Engagement
- Lutheran Schools and Organizations
- Foreign-Born Populations
- Justice-Involved Individuals and Their Families
- Older Adults Maintaining Independence
Funding Area: Greater St. Louis metropolitan region, which includes
- Missouri counties of Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, St. Louis City, St. Louis County, and Warren
- Illinois counties of Jersey, Madison, Monroe, and St. Clair.
Leadership: Ann L. Vazquez, President/CEO; Jonathan D. Schultz, Board Chair
Governance: 74 delegate member congregations; 15-member board of directors
Ann L. Vazquez, President/CEO
(314) 231-2244 ext. 4
(*) as of 12/31/18, audited